Thursday, March 26, 2009

Dancing Daughter

So last night the boys were watching a basketball game on TV and my daughter was in her room playing so I thought I’d take another look at my query letter. (Yes I’m still working on that). Anyway I was about five minutes in when my daughter came downstairs. She changed the song on my Ipod to a High School Musical 3 song then proceeded to stand behind me on my chair dancing and singing along to her favourite song. For those familiar with the songs it was "I want it all"

So I saved what changes I had made and closed the document.

I've decided that you know you're having a hard time editing when you opt to work on your query letter.

On a happier note:
Last month I was lucky enough to win an ARC copy of Aprilynne Pike’s Wings. I received it a week and a half ago and finished it in three days. It’s got great romance, mystery, mythology and action. If you loved Twilight you’ll love Wings.

Already looking forward to the second book.

4 comments:

Jessie Oliveros said...

I'm very excited for Wings. I read the first chapter recently online, and now I have to wait... Very good luck on your query. I'm actually excited to write my query because it means I'm done with my book.

Your daughter sounds hilarious. I don't blame you for closing your document when you had her behind you.

Holly Kennedy said...

Just think, Patti, it won't be long before she'll be standing behind you, dancing up a storm as she asks for the car keys!

Time flies.

Patti said...

Jessie: I'd give your query a try now, at least your hook. I've been doing that for other projects and I'm finding it quite helpful.


Holly: I'll have one of those in 2 1/2 years and he's now taller than me.

Heidi Willis said...

I love the image of your daughter dancing. I love dancing in the kitchen with my kids... it's when everything else comes into perspective.

A little bit of pure joy is a good thing... especially when one is writing a query or revising!