Monday, February 23, 2009

What to do???

It’s been a tough week in my house. My daughter got sick last Sunday night and my boys were sick on Wednesday. At one point I had all three children in the living room with buckets in their laps. Then I was laid up Thursday and Friday. My husband got it Saturday night. Of course this all happened while the kids were off school for the week so they feel completely cheated.

I’ve also decided that I got way more done when my kids where little. Yesterday when I was on the computer trying to put together the query letter my eleven year old son kept pestering me every ten minutes, “How much longer are you going to be?” He wanted to go on garage band. My older son wanted to go on facebook, my daughter wanted to go on webkinz. Here I thought that getting a new computer was going to be a good thing. I’m seriously considering going back to my old one.

It was so much easier when the kids were content playing with their toys on the ground or watching Sesame Street. Now they have lives that I have to keep up with. Saturday was spent at basketball, three games to be precise. Left at noon and got home at ten. Here’s the schedule this week. Mon: middle son basketball, Tues: my soccer game (okay this one’s for me), Wed: Cubs and Scouts (I’m the cub leader), Thurs: (basketball & gymnastics), Fri: older son’s school basketball tournament, Sat: both boys have basketball games, daughter has friend coming from out of town, Sun: soccer AGM (did I forget to mention I’m the VP of women’s soccer in the town where I live – a job I’m hoping to relinquish)

Needless to say I didn’t get a whole lot of writing done last week and this week isn’t looking too promising. I might have to stay up late, which I’m finding more difficult the older I get. I also bought the book “The First Five Pages” which is making me re-think my first chapter and maybe cutting out a couple of scenes and putting that information in later.

I’m also beginning to wonder if I’ll ever get my query right. Is it possible to be completely capable at writing a good novel but not a simple letter? I’m really beginning to lose hair and my hair is thin enough.

And to top the week off I missed my soccer tournament because I was sick. Shout out to the girls for finishing second.

Anyway I’m done venting now. Hopefully this week is better and I can find some time.

3 comments:

Jessie Oliveros said...

But in spite of a horrible week, yea for you for winning Aprilynne's contest! (I know you worked very hard for that one.) I'm excited to hear what you think about Wings. Good luck on the query!

JKB said...

Queries are difficult to write but not impossible (have you tried a synopsis yet? *grin*)

Have you been to AW? They have a part where you can post your query and get feedback. It's quite beneficial.

(Congrats on the Aprilynne win!!)

Patti said...

I'm very excited about reading Aprilynne's book, I'm sure it will be great.

I have written a synopsis although it will have to be redone as I've changed a lot in the book since then. I'll have to conquer that mountain next.