Tuesday, January 25, 2011

A special Tuesday post

Okay not really that special, but my memory is so bad lately that I thought if I didn't do this post it might slip through the cracks.

Last week Carol Riggs gave me an award.


She is a great new blogging friend, who does fantastic critiques - very detailed.

Part of the award is to list six new things about myself, which I thought would be good since I've had a few new followers.

So here it goes:

1. I live in Canada, but have never used the word eh at the end of a sentence unless I was mocking people who think all Canadians say that.

2. When I get embarrssed for characters on TV, I have to turn the station.

3. I play soccer, but I didn't start until I was 30, which gives me hope for this whole writing thing.

4. Once in a while at a basketball game, I can turn into "one of those parents".

5. I love peanut butter and jam on toast. I love it a little too much, hence the goal for this week (see below post)

6. My biggest fear in life is drowning - water just scares the bejebbers out of me.

I pass this on to three of fellow bloggers.

Lindsay Currie - who has an awesome name for her blog - you have to go look to find out what it is.
Angela Felsted - who writes poetry and showcases other poets.
Katie Ganshert - who just announced her book deal yesterday, which is so exciting - go congratulate her.

13 comments:

Melissa Amateis said...

I hate water, too. I don't know how to swim and I guess that should be one of my goals in life - to conquer that fear of water. Not sure if I'll do it or not!

Tracy said...

LOL! Do you get embarrassed for characters on TV often?

Heidi Willis said...

Those are fun facts! I, too, get scared of water, and I have to change the channel on TV if it looks like someone might drown. Even if it's in a toilet getting a swirlie. Not that I watch too many things where people are getting swirlies...

I've digressed...

Shannon O'Donnell said...

Congrats, Patti! I'll have to check out Lindsay's blog. I don't know her! :-)

Misha Gerrick said...

I'm terrified of water too.

Congrats on winning the award.

You deserve it.

:-)

Susan R. Mills said...

Congrats on the award! I'm with you on the biggest fear. I am terrified of drowning.

Jill Kemerer said...

I can turn into one of "those moms" too! I have a loud, loud voice. Not pretty!

Congratulations on your super stylish award!

Stina said...

I'm really bad at passing out awards. I gave up a long time ago. Congrats, Patti, on yours!

I agree with you on #1. I once critted a ms in which the Canadian expat said 'eh' in every sentence. Fortunately she wasn't the mc, but she's was in it enough to drive me nuts. I started highlighting them in red. ;)

lotusgirl said...

Fun facts. I have certain shows I can't watch because the humor tends toward the embarrassing of characters. To me, it's just not funny.

Robyn Campbell said...

I love jam and peanut butter on toast, too. I'm where you're at, my friend. The not eating it on certain days. Can anyone say, WILLPOWER?

Congrats on your award and to those you honored. (((hugs)))

Carol Riggs said...

Thanks for the nice things you said about me, Patti. Sweet! Nice to learn more about you. Wow, I hate water, too! I always "swim" with my head out of water when I am forced to go swimming (which I haven't for years).

lotusgirl said...

Yeah. The office is one of those that I can't watch. The edits are going very slowly. I need to refocus. I have a fun new idea I want to work on.

Carolyn V. said...

Hee hee! I turn the channel when I'm embarrassed for a character of a show too! Congrats on the award!