I have so many different emotions after finishing a book.
1) Joy - depending on the book
2) Disappointment - depending on the book
3) Accomplishment - I felt that back in university after reading James Joyce
4) Sadness - either you wasted your time or you're sad the book is over
5) Anger - when characters disappear or you hate the ending
6) Excitement - especially if it its a series
7) Tiredness - which is always a sign of a great book
This morning I'm feeling 5 out of the 7 as I stayed up until 2am to finish the Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. Great book. I even pretended to go to bed with my husband, but when he was asleep got up and finished it.
And the good news is, there's a second. Yeah. Off to the book store this weekend in between two basketball games and two football games.
What do you like most about finishing a book?