Thursday, May 27, 2010

Typing and a contest


Go to Megan's blog for a great contest for some awesome books (I've been wanting to read The Shifter) and a critique (who couldn't use that)

A long time ago in a classroom not too far away, I learned to type. Not on a computer, but an old fashioned typewriter (I know showing my age). My mom made me take this course, for which I have been eternally grateful. Not only has it allowed me to be employable, it is also makes writing a lot faster since I can type about 50-70 words per minute.

I have a hard time writing by long hand, because I kind of play with sentences. I try it one way and then another, which is a lot more time consuming with a pen and paper.

How about you? Do you know how to type properly or do you still look at the keyboard? If you fall into the latter category, go on line and teach yourself to type. You'll never regret it.

Have a good weekend.

5 comments:

Melissa Hurst said...

I'm one of those nerds who loves to type. I learned when I was in high school, so I'm pretty fast now. My girls love to watch me because I can type without looking at the keyboard.

Jessica Nelson said...

I know how to type because I took typing in ninth grade. I type the right way but I think I'm kind of slow. I know I struggled really hard to keep up in that class. LOL

Dara said...

I can type pretty well without looking at the keyboard. The only time I tend to have to look is when someone is standing over my shoulder, watching me type--then I seem to forget how and make all sorts of mistakes. :P

I started learning how to type when I was around ten or eleven and used my parents electric typewriter.

Laura Pauling said...

I took typing in highschool. I don't know how people get through college without knowing how to type!

Erin said...

I think more and more people know how to type these days because it is taught in many high schools. But, I also encourage my college freshmen to try writing in a variety of ways--from yellow legal notepad to iPad--to see what works best for them and how the venue affects what they write.