Thursday, September 2, 2010

Need a Geeky Name

For another project I've been thinking about I need a real good geeky girls name.

I have three and sorry if any of these are your name.

Gertrude
Mildred
Eleanor

Which one exudes the most geekiness, or do you have any others?

BTW, two days into September and I haven't boughten anything new. Yeah, go me.

Also I was going to add a picture of a geeky girl and I typed in geeky girl into Google images and it came up with a bunch of girls dressed in sexy geeky costumes and Princess Leia from Return of the Jedi. Go figure.

10 comments:

Jennifer Shirk said...

I think Mildred. But also... Ester or Hester?

Anonymous said...

Any name given for a holiday, especially one that the character ISN"T born on - Noel, Christmas, Easter, Valentina.

Any name that's really an adjective - I used to know a girl named Likely. That's pretty geeky.

If she's a smarty-geek - how about first and middle as Alberta Einsteena, or Nobel Peace, Maya Angela or some derivative of any sci-fi writers name. Even better, anyone named after a sci-fi character!

Rhoda. Rhonda. Maven.

Jessie Oliveros said...

I tried googling images once so I could find a character look-alike. Yes, I will not make that mistake again. Anyway, Eleanor is from Sense and Sensibility and she's not geeky. So not Eleanor. You could give her any name, and if you do your character right you will MAKE that name the new geekiest of names.

Jessie Oliveros said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carolyn V. said...

Gertrude wins it for me. I haven't heard that name for a long time.

Patti Lacy said...

Gertrude, but I like Louise, too!

patti

Tamika: said...

Mildred. Even though the names runs in my family, I'm glad I don't have it:)

Dara said...

Out of those names, I say Gertrude. Although that name sometimes makes me think of a big, burly girl too :P

Laura Pauling said...

How about Gertie?

lotusgirl said...

It depends on how geeky you want the name to be. The ones you list are more old fashioned than geeky to me. Of course, maybe that is geeky.

How about Lorraine, Frances, Barbara, Peggy, Regina. Mine fits the bill too. These are old fashioned too. Oh well. So much for my thoughts.