Thursday, September 16, 2010

Blogfest Idea

So in responding to the comments on my last post, I got a brilliant idea. Are you ready, because it doesn't happen very often.

What if we actually kept track of how much time we spend writing. (Some of you might already do that - which is great, but I don't) I don't mean sitting in front of the computer reading blogs, checking facebook, or browsing twitter, but actual writing.

That means you would have to keep track. Write down every minute or hour you spend writing or editing. Starting on Monday, September 27 and ending on Friday, October 2. Not even a full week. Five days.

Don't be all Nanoy with it, just write normal. If you miss a day that's fine. I would like see how much time people average.

Anybody else want to join me. If so, spread the word. We'll see how much time we can log writing that week.

12 comments:

Robyn Campbell said...

I'm in Patti. Uh, but September 27th is my b-day, so I might be opening presents all day long. *grin*

I will spread the word on my blog. :)

Jennifer Shirk said...

I will totally join you in that. It might keep me more accountable to writing too. :)

Luna said...

I'm in! I never keep track and probably should start. Time to be more accountable,too!

Thanks for the follow!

Jessie Oliveros said...

I'm in!

lotusgirl said...

Okay. I'm not good at keeping track of stuff like this. I do too much 10 minutes here, 30 minutes there kind of thing.

MC Howe said...

I'm pretty undisciplined. Maybe this will keep me at it. Count me in.

Melissa Gill said...

That sounds like a great idea. This would help me get on track and see how much time everyone else spends.

Susan R. Mills said...

I'm in. I need a push to get back into writing mode.

ali cross said...

Sure! I'll join you! I'll post about it next week :)

Catherine Denton said...

You're right. It's a brilliant idea! Count me in.

K. M. Walton said...

I'm in too. I want to start a new book and this will get me going!!!

Julie Dao said...

Great idea, Patti! I think I'm going to do the same. I've been neglecting my writing far too much!