Last week I got tagged by Mim and Carolyn to do a meme. I can't believe I'm writing those words. A year ago I didn't even know what that meant.
So here it goes:
1. What's the last thing you wrote? What's the first thing you wrote that you still have?
The last thing I wrote was three pages for my new superhero project. A book I wrote when I was fourteen.
2. Write poetry?
I’m not very poetic
3. Angsty poetry?
4. Favorite genre of writing?
Young Adult Fantasy
5. Most annoying character you've ever created?
I think it will be the dad in my new WIP or Kate in my other project.
6. Best Plot you've ever created?
A damsel in distress twist. A hidden city. A girl with super powers, who'd rather shop than save the world.
7. Coolest Plot twist you've ever created?
8. How often do you get writer's block?
Too many times to keep track of.
9. Write fan fiction?
10. Do you type or write by hand?
Typing all the way, I type much faster than I write. Although in the planning stages I like to write.
11. Do you save everything you write?
I save everything. If I make one small change, I save the previous version.
12. Do you ever go back to an idea after you've abandoned it?
13. What's your favorite thing you've ever written?
That’s like picking which child is your favorite.
14. What's everyone else's favorite story that you've written?
Probably the book I’ve finished, since that’s the only thing anyone else has read.
15. Ever written romance or angsty teen drama?
When I was living it.
16. What's your favorite setting for your characters?
Don't really have one.
17. How many writing projects are you working on right now?
I seem to always be revising my first project. I have a damsel in distress with dragons and everything project and now super hero girl.
18. Have you ever won an award for your writing?
Afraid not, but I guess you would have to enter a competition to win something.
19. What are your five favorite words?
I love the name Oliver. If I were to get pregnant again and have a boy, I’d name him Oliver. But that’s never going to happen, so I’ll have to settle for a character (or two). I don’t know if they’re my favorite words or the vain of my existence. Only, Turned, Looked, and Around.
20. What character have you created that is most like yourself?
Evie, I'm a little insecure.
21. Where do you get ideas for your characters?
I have a character or a plot. It never seems to be both. Then when I start writing a little bit the rest seems to come.
22. Do you ever write based on your dreams?
I’ve tried, but I never remember them in the morning and I’m too lazy to get up and write them down in the middle of the night.
23. Do you favor happy endings?
Are there any other kinds.
24. Are you concerned with spelling and grammar as you write?
25. Does music help you write?
26. Quote something you've written. Whatever pops into your head.
I didn’t fall into a vat of toxic waste, nor did I get hit with a cosmic ray gun, but for some reason on the morning of my sixteenth birthday I woke up with the ability to fly.
Okay now for the tagging part. I'll close my eyes, spin around and choose. Lois because she's in my critique group and I want to see her answers. And Tabitha because unlike me she's very poetic.