I was tagged by Jenn to write down my top seven songs. This challenge really got me thinking. I've loved music for as long as I've loved to write. I used to sit in my basement and play my records, (that's right I said records) until I wore the album out.
In high school I used coil notebooks to write stories and on the cover I would jot down my favorite bands. I could write a journal of my high school years through the music I listened to.
So instead of telling you what my favorite songs are right now, I've decided to write down the songs that were my favorite back then and have remained on my play list.
1. I Melt With You by Modern English
(It was always a favorite at the dances)
2. It's My Life by Talk Talk
(not by No doubt)
3. Bizarre Love Triangle by New Order
(reminds me of grade 12 - for reasons I'll not say)
4. Lovesong by the Cure
(I still run to this song)
5. If You Were Here by the Thompson Twins
(it was one of the first albums I ever bought, plus it's the last song on Sixteen Candles when they're kissing over the birthday cake - who couldn't love that song)
6. All I Need is Everything - Aztec Camera
(I just loved the name of the band. I felt cool saying I listened to Aztec Camera)
7. Anything by Duran Duran - (I was a total junkie and had their pictures plastered all over my wall. My mom was totally worried)
So that's it, the story of my teenage years. Do you have any favorite songs that you still listen to long after it's been forgotten.