It seems to me that I am never content.
As a kid I used to start a lot of phrases with I can't wait until . . .
- I can date.
- I can get my driver's license.
- I finish high school.
- I get a boyfriend
- I get married
- even I can't wait to have kids
Now that I'm older my days are filled with I wish . . .
- I had done better in school,
- I wish I hadn't been so boy crazy (which probably would have allowed me to do better in school).
- I wish I would have dated more.
- I wish I would have wore my own wedding dress.
- I wish I would have been more serious about writing sooner.
- I wish I . . . okay, well you get the point.
Sometimes it's so hard to be happy in the here and now. To look at the things you have and not worry about the things you don't. I know I've talked about this before, but I've had a bit of crybabyitis this past week, mostly because I'm comparing myself to others, which is always bad.
So it's time to get over myself and live my own life. Who's with me?!