Sunday, September 26, 2010

Let the counting begin

If you are one of the 17 people who signed up to keep track of how much time you spend writing or editing, today is the day. If you want to join there's still room. Just go here. I've extended the deadline date, thanks to Ali for the heads up. I'm new with this linky tool thing.

I think this will be interesting, because now I'll be accountable for my time. Although, I know I won't get much writing done on Monday or Thursday this week. I'm hoping to make up the time on Tuesday and Friday and maybe a little bit on Wednesday.

Keep track and let everyone know how you're doing each day, or save it all until next week. If you can only keep track on one day then do that.

It will be interesting to see if keeping track motivates us to choose writing over other things that might waste our time (TV, internet, etc)

Good luck to those who are participating.

18 comments:

Susan R. Mills said...

Can't wait! Great idea, Patti!

Anne Gallagher said...

You know this was a great idea and I'm sorry I didn't sign up but last week and this week I've got way too much 'real life' crap going on so it wouldn't be fair to me (because I can generally blast out 2k a day.)

But I will try and remember to keep my tallies and post them next week.

JKB said...

I can't take part but I'll be cheering from the sidelines!

GO PATTI!

\o/

:-D

Robyn Campbell said...

I'm in. (I almost forgot to sign up.) Here we go. Blast off!

Olivia J. Herrell, writing as O.J. Barré said...

Hey Patti, can I include what I wrote last night?? :)

~that rebel, Olivia

Olivia J. Herrell, writing as O.J. Barré said...

Just wanted to let you know that I posted a link to your blogfest today. Check out the link below if you get a chance.

that rebel, Olivia

cleemckenzie said...

Today? Oh dear, I'd better get cracking or writing or revising or something!

MC Howe said...

I've been working on my query for two and half hours. Does that count?

Kasie West said...

Good luck. I think that is a great idea. Not one I'm prepared to do this week, but if it comes around again, I'm so in.

Melissa Hurst said...

I'm so ready for this. I need to get some serious work done (meaning I'm sick of procrastinating around chapter 3)!

Good luck to you Patti:)

Luna said...

I'm not blogging this week, so I'll post about it next Monday. Good luck!

Carolyn V. said...

Oh wow. The internet really does take up my time. I've gotta do some writing. =)

Tamika: said...

I'm hoping everyone gets oodles of writing done:) Last week was a killer for me, I wrote till my fingers ached and I loved every minute!

ali cross said...

I really needed this. I'm editing a lot right now so there's not much wordcount happening (and I doubt I'll do NaNo. Well, maybe I will. We'll see. ;)) Anyway, thanks for the kick in the pants Patti!

Lynda R Young as Elle Cardy said...

This sounds like it will help me. I've been procrastinating way too much lately :)

Julie Wright said...

This is a great idea. I cut out tv years ago, but that darn internet keeps catching me off guard.

Jennifer Shirk said...

I have to say now that I'm actually paying attention to my writing time, I am definitely making it more productive. LOVE this idea!

Anonymous said...

I always keep track of my word count but I need to do better about keeping track of my internet time. ;)