I just read a book where the three main characters disappear half way through the novel and you get thrown into the life of a character that had only briefly been mentioned up to that point. I have to say I skimmed the rest of the novel because I did not care about that character. I wanted to know more about the three characters I had grown to like and have an emotional attachment to. The book ended without you ever knowing anything about the beginning characters.
Now I realize you don't have to tidy things up in a nice bow at the end of the novel, but I felt a little betrayed by the author. This book is considered literary fiction, but even literary fiction needs to have a beginning, middle and end. Or am I crazy.
Sorry that was my rant for the day.
Now on to something positive. Brit over at Dream the Dream (love that blog title by the way), nominated me for a Kreative Blogger Award.
Thanks so much. I just got back from holidays so my mind is fried. I'll try to nominate 7 other bloggers on another post.
As for the 7 interesting facts about me:
1. I started playing soccer when I was 30.
2. One summer I climbed 5 mountains in one month.
3. I signed up to run 5 miles in November and am now regretting it.
4. I could eat toast with peanut butter and honey at every meal.
5. I had never broken a bone in my life, until I broke my wrist this summer, playing soccer.
6. I'm afraid of water and heights.
7. I prefer Macs